Al Ansari increases IPO size for retail investors

WAM

UAE money exchange house, Al Ansari Financial Services, has increased the size of the retail tranche in its initial public offering (IPO) due to “strong demand”.

It has been increased from 37.5 million shares to more than 56.25 million shares, equaling 7.5 per cent of the total shares on offer.

In a statement, the company said the increase is in response to "very strong demand from retail investors and elevated oversubscription of the UAE Retail Offer".

Meanwhile, the qualified investor offer has been reduced from 712.5 million shares to 693.75 million shares, equaling to 92.5 per cent of the total shares on offer.

Based on the previously announced price range of AED 1 to AED1.03 per share, the size of the retail tranche will now be between AED 56.3 million and AED 57.9 million, representing a total of 7.5 per cent of the IPO size.

The IPO subscription period remains unchanged, with the UAE Retail Offer closed on Thursday, March 23, and Qualified Investor Offer on Friday, March 24.

The final offer price will be determined through a book-building process upon the close of the Qualified Investor Offer and is expected to be announced on or around March 27.

More from Business

  • Nasdaq set to confirm bear market as Trump tariffs trigger recession fears

    The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite index was set to confirm it was in a bear market on Friday, down more than 20 per cent from a recent record high, as investors fled riskier assets on fears that tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump could spark a trade war and tip the global economy into recession.

  • Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum exceed 500M boe in Khor Mor field

    UAE-based Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum, alongside their partners in the Pearl Petroleum consortium, have said the cumulative production from their Khor Mor project, the largest non-associated gas field in Iraq, has exceeded 500 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe).

  • China to impose tariffs of 34% on all US goods

    China has announced a slew of additional tariffs and restrictions against US goods as a countermeasure to sweeping tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump. The Finance Ministry said it would impose additional tariffs of 34 per cent on all US goods from April 10.

  • Shares bruised, dollar crumbles as Trump tariffs stir recession fears

    Stocks limped to the end of the week on Friday, the dollar was set for its worst week in a month while gold flirted with a record peak as investors feared US President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs would tip the global economy into a recession.

  • Wall Street futures sink as tariffs fuel recession fears

    US stock index futures tumbled on Thursday after President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs on major trade partners heightened fears of an all-out trade war that could push the global economy into a recession.

News