Exclusive: David Guetta explains $100 million Warner deal

File Photo

DJ David Guetta said he had "no idea of the value" of his catalogue of music, 31 years after he released his debut single.

The comment came during an exclusive interview with Dubai Eye 103.8's Business Breakfast.

"It felt like winning the lottery," he said, adding that he had "no idea" that streaming would play such a big role in his career.

The 54-year-old artist has sold more than 50 million records and claims over 14 billion streams since then.

However, from early in his career, he said he always vied for independence. This delayed partnership reflects Guetta's persistence to continue to be a solo producer.

David Guetta is set to perform at Louvre Abu Dhabi on December 31 and into January 1, 2022.

Fans around the world will be able to watch the show online on January 1, 2022 at 12:00 am.

Guetta will perform on a purpose-built floating stage constructed in the waters surrounding the iconic museum, with the show set against the backdrop of Louvre Abu Dhabi.

The show will feature music supported by a world-class light show that integrates projections of masterpieces from Louvre Abu Dhabi’s collections.

More from Business

  • Nasdaq set to confirm bear market as Trump tariffs trigger recession fears

    The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite index was set to confirm it was in a bear market on Friday, down more than 20 per cent from a recent record high, as investors fled riskier assets on fears that tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump could spark a trade war and tip the global economy into recession.

  • Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum exceed 500M boe in Khor Mor field

    UAE-based Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum, alongside their partners in the Pearl Petroleum consortium, have said the cumulative production from their Khor Mor project, the largest non-associated gas field in Iraq, has exceeded 500 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe).

  • China to impose tariffs of 34% on all US goods

    China has announced a slew of additional tariffs and restrictions against US goods as a countermeasure to sweeping tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump. The Finance Ministry said it would impose additional tariffs of 34 per cent on all US goods from April 10.

  • Shares bruised, dollar crumbles as Trump tariffs stir recession fears

    Stocks limped to the end of the week on Friday, the dollar was set for its worst week in a month while gold flirted with a record peak as investors feared US President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs would tip the global economy into a recession.

  • Wall Street futures sink as tariffs fuel recession fears

    US stock index futures tumbled on Thursday after President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs on major trade partners heightened fears of an all-out trade war that could push the global economy into a recession.

News