TECOM shareholders approve AED 200 million interim dividend

@DXBMediaOffice/ Twitter

TECOM Group has announced shareholder approval of the proposed interim dividend payment of AED 200 million (4.0 fils per share) following its first General Assembly Meeting since listing on the Dubai Financial Market on July 5.

The approved cash distribution is in line with the Group’s previously announced dividend policy of distributing AED 800 million annually, in semi-annual payments, to shareholders through to October 2025.

All matters related to future dividend distribution will be subject to Board of Director’s recommendation and shareholders’ approval.

Malek Al Malek, Chairman of TECOM Group, said: “TECOM Group has sustained its strong performance since the start of the year in line with the sharp rise in demand in the commercial and industrial real estate market in Dubai. This buoyancy is underpinned by the economic expansion and the government’s initiatives to promote further growth and excellence, enhance the ease of doing business and attract top global talent and foreign direct investment.”

TECOM Group intends to distribute cash dividends as follows:

  • October 2022: AED 200 million
  • April 2023: AED 200 million
  • October 2023: AED 400 million
  • April 2024: AED 400 million
  • October 2024: AED 400 million
  • April 2025: AED 400 million
  • October 2025: AED 400 million

The company reported strong financial performance for the first nine months of 2022, with net profit increasing 51% year-on-year (YoY) to AED 639 million.

These robust results were underpinned by the double-digit growth in revenue driven by high occupancy levels, lower operational expenses due to operational efficiency measures and lower financial costs thanks to prudent financial management.

With a varied and tailor-made leasing portfolio, which includes offices, co-working spaces, warehouses, and land, TECOM Group caters to over 7,800 customers and more than 100,000 professionals.

More from Business

  • Nasdaq set to confirm bear market as Trump tariffs trigger recession fears

    The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite index was set to confirm it was in a bear market on Friday, down more than 20 per cent from a recent record high, as investors fled riskier assets on fears that tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump could spark a trade war and tip the global economy into recession.

  • Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum exceed 500M boe in Khor Mor field

    UAE-based Dana Gas and Crescent Petroleum, alongside their partners in the Pearl Petroleum consortium, have said the cumulative production from their Khor Mor project, the largest non-associated gas field in Iraq, has exceeded 500 million barrels of oil equivalent (boe).

  • China to impose tariffs of 34% on all US goods

    China has announced a slew of additional tariffs and restrictions against US goods as a countermeasure to sweeping tariffs imposed by US President Donald Trump. The Finance Ministry said it would impose additional tariffs of 34 per cent on all US goods from April 10.

  • Shares bruised, dollar crumbles as Trump tariffs stir recession fears

    Stocks limped to the end of the week on Friday, the dollar was set for its worst week in a month while gold flirted with a record peak as investors feared US President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs would tip the global economy into a recession.

  • Wall Street futures sink as tariffs fuel recession fears

    US stock index futures tumbled on Thursday after President Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs on major trade partners heightened fears of an all-out trade war that could push the global economy into a recession.

News