Eight new coronavirus cases have been registered in China's Hubei province, marking the first time since the daily tally hit single-digits.
It comes as authorities in the epicentre of the pandemic announced the resumption of production work at some industries and easing of certain travel restrictions.
Outside of Hubei, China had seven new cases, including six cases imported from abroad, health officials announced.
Overall, the 15 new confirmed cases in mainland China is a drop from 24 cases a day earlier.
So far, China has recorded 80,793 confirmed cases, with 62,793 people have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
Meanwhile, the death toll has touched 3,169, up by 11 from the previous day.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.
Russia launched a barrage of drones in an overnight attack on Ukraine on Friday, killing at least four people and injuring 35 in the northeastern city of Kharkiv, regional officials said.
The Ministry of Justice said seven companies reportedly based in the UAE and sanctioned by the United States for ties to Sudan do not operate in the country.
Dubai Police announced on Friday it arrested 222 beggars during Ramadan and Eid, after a campaign was launched under the slogan “An Aware Society, Free of Begging,” in partnership with other government entities.