Italy is set to reopen to European tourists from early June without a mandatory 14-day quarantine as part of measures to lift the country’s strict coronavirus lockdown.
Describing it as a "calculated risk", Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced that travel to and from Italy, and between the country's regions would be allowed from June 3.
"We're facing this risk and we have to accept it because otherwise we will never get started again," he said.
It comes as the country reopens shops, art galleries, museums and restaurants on Monday, with the people allowed to move without restrictions.
"People will be able to go wherever they want - to a shop, to the mountains, to a lake or the seaside," added Conte.
Meanwhile, the country recorded a drop in deaths since March, with the total number of positive cases at 31,800.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.
The Ministry of Justice said seven companies reportedly based in the UAE and sanctioned by the United States for ties to Sudan do not operate in the country.
Dubai Police announced on Friday it arrested 222 beggars during Ramadan and Eid, after a campaign was launched under the slogan “An Aware Society, Free of Begging,” in partnership with other government entities.