A four-year-old girl who went missing from an Australian outback campsite more than two weeks ago has been found "alive and well" in a locked house, authorities said on Wednesday.
Police broke into a house in Carnarvon, a town about 100 km south of the campsite, early on Wednesday and found Cleo Smith in one of the rooms.
"One of the officers picked her up into his arms and asked her 'what's your name?' She said 'My name is Cleo'," Western Australia Police Deputy Commissioner Col Blanch said on local television.
A man has been taken into custody in relation to the disappearance, he said.
Cleo was last seen in her family's tent at about 1.30 am local time on October 16 at the remote Blowholes Shacks campsite in Macleod, about 900 km north of Perth, the capital of Western Australia state. When her parents woke next morning, she was gone.
Australian police feared the girl had been abducted and offered a A$1 million ($743,000) reward for information.
"What wonderful, relieving news. Cleo Smith has been found and is home safe and sound. Our prayers answered," Prime Minister Scott Morrison said in a tweet.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.
The Ministry of Justice said seven companies reportedly based in the UAE and sanctioned by the United States for ties to Sudan do not operate in the country.
Dubai Police announced on Friday it arrested 222 beggars during Ramadan and Eid, after a campaign was launched under the slogan “An Aware Society, Free of Begging,” in partnership with other government entities.