Oman has decided to keep the land borders closed for one more week until 6:00 pm on Monday, February 1, due to concerns about the spread of the COVID-19 variant.
The decision by the country's Supreme Committee was broadcast on the official news agency, ONA.
The report says the extension follows recommendations from the specialised technical team.
It adds that the Committee is assessing the epidemiological situation in the Sultanate and the increase of infected cases as well as those admitted to the ICU and hospitals' wards.
On Sunday, the total number of COVID-19 cases in the Oman reached 133,044, while the tally of recoveries stood at 126,262.
The Omani Health Ministry said a total 1,521 people have died to date.
It also explained that 10 cases were admitted to hospital over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of patients to 86, with 26 undergoing intensive care treatment.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) has reaffirmed its commitment to reducing the incidence of cervical cancer and other HPV-related diseases through a proactive national strategy.
The Ministry of Justice said seven companies reportedly based in the UAE and sanctioned by the United States for ties to Sudan do not operate in the country.
Dubai Police announced on Friday it arrested 222 beggars during Ramadan and Eid, after a campaign was launched under the slogan “An Aware Society, Free of Begging,” in partnership with other government entities.