Oman will ban travel between all its governorates from July 25 to August 8 following a spike in coronavirus cases.
That's according to state news agency ONA, which described the measure as a "total lockdown" of all governorates.
The Gulf state will also implement a daily curfew between 7:00 pm and 6:00 am during the period.
Shops and public spaces will be closed during the curfew.
Oman recorded 1,458 new cases of infection on Tuesday and 11 deaths, taking the total tally to 69,887 cases and 337 deaths.
Oman introduced lockdowns in March in some regions such as Muscat, Dhofar, Duqm and some tourist towns. Since April, it has gradually allowed commercial centres to reopen and lifted the lockdown in the Muscat region.
Air and land borders have been closed, except for repatriation. Last week, the government said it would start allowing citizens to fly abroad after applying for permission.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.
The Ministry of Justice said seven companies reportedly based in the UAE and sanctioned by the United States for ties to Sudan do not operate in the country.
Dubai Police announced on Friday it arrested 222 beggars during Ramadan and Eid, after a campaign was launched under the slogan “An Aware Society, Free of Begging,” in partnership with other government entities.