A seven-year-old child was killed by a knife-wielding assailant who attacked a teacher and pupils at a Zagreb primary school on Friday.
Health Minister Irena Hrstic said the attacker stabbed five people, wounding four and killing one. The suspect later injured himself and was detained.
"Five persons have been hospitalised and their lives are not in danger," Hrstic told reporters. They included the suspected attacker.
Interior Minister Davor Bozinovic said the attacker was a 19-year-old former school student, who entered the school in the middle of the morning and wounded the teacher and children with a knife.
"He ran away from the crime site and shut himself in a nearby health centre where he tried to injure himself with the knife," Bozinovic told reporters.
Bozinovic said the suspect had a history of psychological problems and had tried to commit suicide last year.
Zagreb Mayor Tomislav Tomašević proclaimed the Day of Mourning on Friday.
"We are horrified," Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic said.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) has reaffirmed its commitment to reducing the incidence of cervical cancer and other HPV-related diseases through a proactive national strategy.
The Ministry of Justice said seven companies reportedly based in the UAE and sanctioned by the United States for ties to Sudan do not operate in the country.
Dubai Police announced on Friday it arrested 222 beggars during Ramadan and Eid, after a campaign was launched under the slogan “An Aware Society, Free of Begging,” in partnership with other government entities.