This file photo taken on January 16, 2018, shows Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny during an interview with AFP at the office of his Anti-corruption Foundation (FBK) in Moscow. (AFP)
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said there was a "substantial chance" that the suspected poisoning of Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny was ordered by senior Russian officials.
"There is a substantial chance that this actually came from senior Russian officials," Pompeo told the Ben Shapiro radio programme, according to a transcript released by the State Department.
Pompeo said the United States was evaluating how it would respond.
"We'll make sure we do our part to do whatever we can to reduce the risk that things like this happen again," he said.
Navalny, who is being treated in a Berlin hospital, was airlifted to Germany after falling ill on a Russian domestic flight last month.
Germany says he was poisoned with a Soviet-style Novichok nerve agent in an attempt to murder him. Russia has said it has seen no evidence that Navalny was poisoned.
"I think the world has matured and come to an understanding that this is not how normal countries operate, and this will prove costly for the Russians," Pompeo said.
The Group of Seven (G7) foreign ministers issued a statement on Tuesday condemning the "confirmed poisoning" of Navalny.
Israeli occupation forces committed multiple massacres against families in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, resulting in the killing of at least 60 Palestinians and the injury of 162 others, according to medical reports.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.
The UAE has maintained its rising performance in the global competitiveness race during the first quarter of 2025 by achieving advanced positions in many relevant international and regional indicators and reports.
President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has sent a message of congratulations to President Bassirou Diomaye Faye of Senegal on the occasion of his country's Independence Day.
The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) has reaffirmed its commitment to reducing the incidence of cervical cancer and other HPV-related diseases through a proactive national strategy.