There are no cases of coronavirus in North Korea, despite claims from South Korean media claiming otherwise.
That's according to an official from the World Health Organisation (WHO), who said "there are no signals" to indicate there are COVID-19 cases in the country.
Dr. Mike Ryan, head of WHO's emergencies programme, said they had prioritised aid for North Korea, and a shipment of protective equipment was ready to be shipped.
Earlier, South Korean media claimed there were multiple cases and possible deaths from the virus in North Korea.
On Tuesday, the official newspaper of North Korea's ruling party reiterated that the country had "no confirmed case of the new coronavirus so far".
Meanwhile, South Korea reported 15 new cases of the coronavirus on Wednesday, bringing the total number of cases to 46.
The virus has so far killed more than 2,000 people in mainland China and spread to more than two dozen countries.
U.S. President Donald Trump fired General Timothy Haugh as director of the National Security Agency on Thursday, according to two officials familiar with the decision, and congressional Democrats denounced the removal of the nonpartisan official from a top security post.
Israel stepped up airstrikes on Syria, declaring the attacks a warning to the new rulers in Damascus as it accused their ally Turkey of trying to turn the country into a Turkish protectorate.
The Trump administration moved forward with the sale of more than 20,000 US-made assault rifles to Israel last month, according to a document seen by Reuters, pushing ahead with a sale that the administration of former president Joe Biden had delayed.
The Ministry of Justice said seven companies reportedly based in the UAE and sanctioned by the United States for ties to Sudan do not operate in the country.
Dubai Police announced on Friday it arrested 222 beggars during Ramadan and Eid, after a campaign was launched under the slogan “An Aware Society, Free of Begging,” in partnership with other government entities.